Sunday, October 01, 2006

PARKED AND SPARKED

PARKED AND SPARKED

Roger A. Davis

Do you remember teenage romance?
Finding a place to park after the dance
Kisses and hugs, listening to the radio
Enjoying the Supremes and Fats Domino?

Our emotions kindled, burned like a fire
Being together was a paramount desire
Seeking out places to be just alone
And spending much time on the phone

Dad allowing us the car on Friday night
After the ball game, we would drag main
Sitting together ever so tight
High on love, feeling no pain

At school in the hall, a quick kiss
All was right with the world, such bliss
But if we had a lovers’ spat
Overwhelming despondency was stat

All else, secondary to be reconciled
Your temperament isn't calm or mild
Until once again we did say
"I love you more each day"

In dating, the word "fickle" is used, too
One day a hot wind, next, a cold one blew
Very rough for one who is true blue
Who, all their life, did only date a few

A personal note from my life
Had some young romances
Loved senior and junior high dances
Yet on my first date with my wife

I knew without a shadow of doubt
To the heavens I did shout
Thank you, God, for my soul mate
And to this very day, I am thankful for our fate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home