Sunday, October 01, 2006

IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY

IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY

Roger A. Davis

Time to hit the hay
Thank goodness it's Friday
Got the weekend to recoup

Was going to wash the car
But I don't feel up to par
Better rest until I'm not so pooped

That nap has given me zest
I tell my wife I'm up to the test
She suggests a bowl of soup

I tell her after my snack
I'll get right back on track
And sweep the stoop

Wouldn't you know, it starts to rain
And my arthritis is giving me pain
That has thrown me for a loop

I wait for the meds to kick in
Reading newspaper in the kitchen
It's starting to ease, time to regroup

The day almost gone, suppertime
Oh boy! For dessert, favorite pie, key lime
With flaky crust and whipped cream goop

Had too much of a good thing
Decide to watch TV before retiring
Honeymooners, Kramden & Norton, the dupe

Fell asleep, got a crick in my neck
Crawl into bed, Mrs. gives me a peck
Say my prayers remembering our troops

It's been a long day, not much done
Sunday’s coming, a day of rest and fun
Think I'll take it easy, watch some NBA hoops

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home