Sunday, October 01, 2006

SITCOM LAND

SITCOM LAND

Roger A. Davis

Amos & Andy, radio sitcom, colored folk
Aired on TV until NAACP didn't like the joke
I Love Lucy, Ricardo and Mertz
Stomping grapes made your sides hurt

Dick Van Dyke, the footstool spike
Mary Tyler Moore and Rhoda, we like
Cosby Show, watch them grow
Hey, hey, Bill, try a cornrow

My main man, Bob Newhart
Classic, Fran and Emily switched parts
A Johnny Carson stand-in or at Vermont inn
His use of a telephone made you grin

Perfect Strangers, "I've got a plan", Larry
And his cousin from Mypos, Balki
My vote for sitcom all time best
Hilarious scene, bowling after eye test

Malcolm In The Middle, dysfunctional family
My favorite character, little Dewey
A Malcolm moment, a short speech
Poor Francis, blamed for being born breech

Everybody Loves Raymond's, Peter Boyle
Emmy winning Doris Roberts, his foil
Spin-off, King of Queens
Fox fall release, ‘Til Death, it seems

The King of Spin-off, Frasier Crane
A regular of Cheers fame
Great witty one-liners galore
They don’t make them like that anymore

Nostalgia reruns on TV
Some, I would pay big bucks for the DVD
Monk and Psych head my current events
Sitcoms, hardening of airwaves, it prevents

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home