Monday, September 04, 2006

"TAKES A LICKING BUT KEEPS ON TICKING"

"TAKES A LICKING BUT KEEPS ON TICKING”

Roger A. Davis

TIMEX torture test
John Cameron Swayze at his best
"Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz"
Alka-Seltzer, early commercial whiz

"See the USA in Your Chevrolet"
GM gave Dinah many a good pay day
"Winston Tastes Good Like a Cigarette Should"
Was smoked in the Flintstones' neighborhood

"Double your pleasure, double your fun"
My, those twins sold a lot of Wrigley's gum
"It’s such a comfort to take the bus and leave the driving to us"
I once took a Greyhound bus, seat broke, D+

"You'll wonder where the yellow went
When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent"
"Be All You Can Be", U.S. Army
Yes people, you will go where you’re sent

"You can trust your car to the men who wear the star"
Mr. Goodwrench loses to Texaco by far
"Are you gellin?" I'm not tellin’
Dr Sholl's annoying jingle is a felon

"The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup!"
Another ad to start to your day, Budweiser's "Whazzzup?"
They were created to sell their service or product
But the good ones are permanently stuck

So I have decided to share my real name with you
In a jingle I've written for this site, may it stick like glue
"My baloney has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R
My baloney has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R
I love to read it everyday, and if you ask me why I’ll say,
'Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!"

(My apologies to Kraft Foods, I couldn't resist)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home