Sunday, October 01, 2006

TRAVELOGUE BOMBAST

TRAVELOGUE BOMBAST

Roger A. Davis

Stonehenge, religionistic rock piles?
What Berlin Wall needed was stiles
Great Wall was a Mongolian speed bump
Taj Mahal, in tribute, not to D. Trump

Ten Texan half buried Cadillacs
Santa Fe Trail wagon tracks
Biggest ball of twine, Cawker City
Haven't traveled much, such a pity

Have traveled the world in books
You know those 1000 word looks
A National Geographic subscriber
Rowing down Italy's Tiber

In the bathroom, I would make a jaunt
Pics of the Isle of Capri, it did taunt
Or sojourn to a villa in Mexico
Legs went to sleep, ought oh!

Used to attend travel documentaries
A couple of African safaris
And a slideshow by Uncle George
Of Colorado's Royal Gorge

Now I have the Travel Channel
Recline my way through the Chunnel
Eat supper atop Mount Everest
Cross the Gobi Desert without thirst

Logged many a mile on I-70 and 35
Longest Kansas City or Colorado drive
I envy you who have taken a cruise
Here I sit singing, "The Stay At Home Blues"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home