Sunday, October 01, 2006

PROSE PALETTE

PROSE PALETTE

Roger A. Davis

Eden Prairie Prose highlight
Black, yellow, red or white
They are all precious on my site

Arched spectrums of lights
"Alex, what are rainbows?"
No more 40 days and 40 nights

"Coat of Many Colors"
Made Joseph's kin not get along
Also my favorite Dolly Parton song

Crayola, started with eight
Then came a spate of hues
In 1958, 64 to choose

Elementary students at our desk
Selecting shades was for some
A worrisome test, lavender or plum?

Crayola has produce a kaleidoscope
Fuzzy wuzzy brown, tickle me pink
What's next, white kitchen sink?

Jackie Robison broke the color line
So did I in every coloring book
He was a hero, me a crayon schnook

Did you have a paint box tin?
A watercolors palette and brush
Attempting an Audubon's thrush?

Landscapes have brought me to tears
The beauty of colors in nature and art
A soulful joy it does impart

What's your favorite color? Mine is yellow
A school bus just makes me smile
I'll check for colorful comments in awhile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home