Monday, December 01, 2008

A THIRTY-YEAR-OLD PRICELESS TREASURE

A THIRTY-YEAR-OLD PRICELESS TREASURE

Roger A. Davis

Three decades ago
Josh made his show
Peggy labored in a recliner chair
She brought forth a son so rare

How many parents can say
They have never been ashamed in any way
For me, this is actually the case
He is one of the best in the human race

Those who have come in contact with me
Know that I brag constantly
But I can't contain my pride
Though it upsets Joshua's private side

Josh is friend and confidant
And my love for him is above any want
Knowing he cares for me in a reciprocal way
Gets me through each day

This is Josh's birthday celebration
I hope he lets me read this as an oration
Because, if we debate the issue
The score, either side, Roger-0, Josh-2

So I decided, as you know now, to pre-empt confrontation
Happy birthday, Josh; enjoy your celebration
Thank you, Amanda, for your plans for this day
Sidebar: You have improved Josh in many a way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home