Saturday, November 01, 2008

MORE FAMOUS

MORE FAMOUS

Roger A. Davis

Got a letter this week
From my Mom, inside I did peek
An article for a poetry contest
Mom said, “Be famous, send your best”

100,000 in prize money, too
I'm Social Security bound, no can do
Yet growing in so-called fame
Did kind of spark an immodest flame

Then I decided on this idea to balk
Any more well-known and someone might start to stalk
In the circles I travel, I now read a work or two
Typical comments: “Publish,” never a boo

Then there are my fans on the Internet
Enjoying my verses, they surely feel in debt
If I published my address for all to see
I would be bombarded with letters of praise and money

OK, Readers, please vote on the comment line
Do I send this ditty to see if the judges find it the most fine
Or pass on more accolades and the cash flow
And about the ‘more famous,’ should I just let it go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home