Wednesday, October 01, 2008

MEMORIAL STICKTORIAL

MEMORIAL STICKTORIAL

Roger A. Davis

Last Saturday, my shin I did abrade
Tuesday, it was real oozy
Looking at it made me woozy
Went to the E.R., being somewhat afraid

Admission went off without a hitch
Pardon my French, sometimes it can be a bitch
Shortly to the treatment room I went
Blood drawn, to the lab it was sent

Doctor S. checked my chart and the massive sore
(You know me, a hypochondria bore)
Prognosis: cellulitis infection, not gangrene
Cure: nurses, antibiotics and an IV machine

Last time I had this, it was just cream and pills
8 trips to the E.R. for IVs; imagine the gas bills
Look on the bright side, no loss of leg
Or an early meeting with my deceased wife, Peg

Every six hours, it is me and the IV pole
My expert medical opinion: infection rings its death toll
This poem is my way to say, "Thank you, E.R. staff"
And out of this, I hope you get one healthy laugh

Dedicated to the McPherson Memorial Hospital ER Staff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home