Saturday, November 01, 2008

FRUITS OF FORGETFULNESS

FRUITS OF FORGETFULNESS

Roger A. Davis

Why did I come into this room?
Ah, yes, for a brain cobweb broom
Or was it for a post-it reminder
To not get upset and be memory loss kinder?

Keys, billfold and names
Items of my hunt-for games
Names are my worst offense
Even friends’; how can I be so dense?

I try an alphabet search; you know, A-B-C
M-Melvin, got it, whoopee!
Yet, not effective face to face
Hoping "Hi there" gets you to second base

There are benefits to not remembering
The old can be a new thing
Like a rerun or an old movie
They become premieres; first time to see

There is also the great satisfaction
In remembering and the big smile reaction
Let us count our blessing in getting old enough
To be in that generation who forgets stuff

I think I had some good lines to end this rhyme
And if I sit here, I might remember in time
But it’s fall; I'm cold and stoves haven't been lit
I’d better write a post-it to remind me to do it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home