Saturday, November 01, 2008

IF HORSES COULD TALK WHAT TALES WOULD THEY NEIGH

IF HORSES COULD TALK
WHAT TALES WOULD THEY NEIGH

Roger A. Davis

Houses can talk with FBI bugs
Unless you hide your secrets under your rugs
Ice cube trays hold precious stones
Put your money in the breadbox with your scones

Dr. Doolittle grammar lessons are free
They helped me to understand my monkey
But it failed on my parakeet
He pleaded the Fifth, to my defeat

Medicine bottles have a way of running out
Headaches, the cause, and gout
Refills give my pocketbook the chills
On the flipside, pharmacies fill their tills

Microwaves are hard to surf
They do reheat leftover turf
PAM can make any pan slick
And your slipperslide non-stick

This very nonsensical rhyme
Was a good way to kill time
It cracked my watch crystal
Because this poem was such a pistol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home