Wednesday, October 01, 2008

HOW MUCH IS THAT CERAMIC DOGGY IN THE WINDOW?

HOW MUCH IS THAT CERAMIC DOGGY IN THE WINDOW?

Roger A. Davis

What is the worth of your heirlooms?
To find out, 'Cash In The Attic' will search your rooms
An expert makes estimates of what others will pay
Then the owners find out on auction day

They try to create tension to meet the project goal
By stewing when there is 'no sale' on an antique bowl
Yet learning the history of items to be sold
Gains this part of the show a star of gold

'Antique Roadshow' - you bring in your treasures
Get in lines for their appraisers
Again, is it valuable or a reproduction fake?
Museum quality! "For Goodness Sake"

This for me really 'pulls my chain'
When people hit the 'Gravy Train'
Estimates are met and exceeded by far
Excites me like Tiger shooting 10 under par

I really do shed tears at people's happiness
It’s because being a collector, I confess
I've shared success obtaining quality finds
Good fortune in your quest for those 'one-of-a-kinds'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home