Thursday, May 01, 2008

COMMERCIALS INFLUX

COMMERCIALS INFLUX

Roger A. Davis

They used to be contained in the shows like “Queen for a Day"
This was how the three networks got their pay
Wasn’t long before they became segment gaps
Then, America was caught in commercial traps

Wonder Bread, Wheaties, Oscar Mayer Wienies
Filled in after seeing Dobie Gillis’ beanie
In retrospect, many were lame
Yet, compared to the sexually suggestive, those were tame

I ask, “How many are effectual in setting the hook?”
Personal new car ads - "NOT"; I use a Blue Book
I truly enjoy clever beer creations
And Hallmark cards are sensations

Yet, when I get ready to buy, I go for the norm
Because, in my billfold, not many dead presidents form
But, nowadays, I tape most TV on my DVR machine
Then watch by fast forwarding, commercial clean

Sports is a different bag all together
Players and each NASCAR driver, logos on their leather
Even with my favorite, golf, it’s the same way
Most every event is a corporate sponsored display

Take heart, my fellow commercial rebels
We have a weapon against annoying decibels
The greatest invention ever, so very cute
It’s the remote button!!! Mute!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home