Thursday, May 01, 2008

HANDICAP CAPERS

HANDICAP CAPERS

Roger A. Davis

Why do normal people tie up handicap stalls?
It isn’t like there is not plenty of parking at malls
The same goes for where you go to pee
Some of us can only access these, like me

Time after time, I’ve waited on employees to change
It’s a wonder I’m not more deranged
Businesses, please give seminars on courtesy
Of keeping handicap stalls free

Strollers and wheelchairs need space
Is this a wake up call for most of the human race?
No doubt, you can tell this is a pet peeve
Transgressors, take it to heart and I’ll be relieved

Also, the use of power carts by the physically fit
Waiting for their return, we fume and sit
Well, I’ve aired my gentle rage
Maybe one person will be touched by this blog page

The next time you unnecessarily use a handicap stall
May you break a leg in a fall
Then you, too, can get our special tag
And can join in on my complaining jag

The stanza above, I do not mean
But if it happens, I hope the break is clean
No, this entire poem is truly just a nudge
Believe it or not, you be the judge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home