Tuesday, April 01, 2008

BANKS

BANKS

Roger A. Davis

A piggy filled with pennies, nickels and dimes
Now, that was feeling rich in our younger times
Saving bonds later was a fad
A few in the safety deposit box made us glad

I cashed mine in to buy Peggy's wedding ring
Peggy used hers to pay on Josh's tuitioning
Savings were converted to CDs
On maturity, we would purchase big necessities

Now, these transactions involved our banks
Those friendly places where they always say, “Thanks”
Unless you’re at an all night ATM machine
Getting those twenties, ain't it keen?

Over the years, we had loans to pay
That was long ago, I'm happy to say
Now days, many bank by their pc
But that’s just too impersonal for me

I use the drive-up window for deposits and withdrawals
Because I'm a "Thank you, ma'am" and "Howdy, you all"
One of the few places where they know you by name
And seem genuinely glad you came

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home