Thursday, May 01, 2008

THE OIL FOIL

THE OIL FOIL

Roger A. Davis

A barrel of oil, price around the century mark
The future escalation looks dark
Making us unable to travel to our kin
Or to other pleasurable places we’ve been

Errands we try to do in one trip
Because that fuel pump goes sip, sip, sip
Gas for 19 cents, long ago I bought
For me, a new form of transportation will be sought

Thought about a huge Clydesdale
If thrown, the fall would kill me; I’m frail
So, maybe a cart and mule
Carrot and long stick over ears, the fuel

Now I’ve heard the government is giving us a check
The amount won’t last long in my old wreck
Saudi Arabia and other Eastern potentates
Please, in your Allah’s name, send us rebates

This economic situation is serious matters
Truckers and diesel cost make for madhatters
Prices of everything going up by the week
Disturbing is – it’s not near the peak

I guess we can laugh or cry
Not much choice, we’ve got to buy
Or start mule and car(t) pools
Or use walking and biking calorie fuels

I often drove twenty miles for a meal
Now, I think before getting behind the wheel
I have regrets of the oil products I’ve hogged
Now days, a drastic reduction in my miles logged

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home