Thursday, February 01, 2007

NEWBORN BABY

NEWBORN BABY

Roger A. Davis

I heard Mom say, this was the best time of her life
The attentive moments she got were rife
My Dad's consideration for her and my health
Was to her, greater than his providing daily wealth

He said she was so pretty with a special glow
Even before in her womb I started to show
Family and Grandparents made a continual fuss
Like carrying to term was a group effort, not just us

They had been wanting for me for more than a year
So waiting 9 months they thought it would be a snap
But when due date came and I didn't appear
By ultrasound they knew I was a wayward chap

Two weeks passed, then they had to induced labor
To everyone's joy, I became the community's newest neighbor
Mom was a queen reclining on her hospital bed throne
They were so thankful, a little prince of their very own

Here I am cuddled and nursing at Mom's breast
Soon I'll be burped and rocked to rest
Dad will visit soon to take us to my new room
But my attention now is on Mom's loving heart
As it beats, boom, boom, boom

At home now and still can't do much for myself
But it won't be long and I'll be into the toys on that shelf
Pampered with clean diapers, mobile and cozy bassinet
Got it made for now, all my needs are met

I like being a newborn baby for the most part
Seems I had an advantage, a 2 week late start
Everyone's so glad that it is finally through
My crying and such is no big to-do

I hope some day, as my mother's son
She can know again that time of being cherished
By acts of love that I have done
With the help of God's loving Son

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home