Monday, January 01, 2007

PERFECT SUBMISSION, PERFECT DELIGHT

PERFECT SUBMISSION, PERFECT DELIGHT

Roger A. Davis

Words from Fanny Crosby's hymn "Blessed Assurance"
Remind me of being in my Mama Grace's lap
A place of the loving "second chance"
Never making you feel like a wearer of a dunce cap

She was my earthly example of Jesus, my Lord
It is in His presence many times I've been restored
As I have submitted all that I am to Him
Especially, when all things look so dim

Fanny was 90 years blind, but had amazing insight
This inspired her, over 8000 text and hymns to write
"Visions of rapture burst on my sight"
Her view has brought Christ's people much delight

"This is my story, this my song"
Praising my Savior all the day long"
Lord, may it be with us, I pray
I hope it is, "Amen" I hear you say

"To God Be The Glory" another Crosby pearl
Another beautiful message by this submitted girl
"Give Him the glory, great things He hath done"
What a privilege it is to worship God's Son

Closing with a short poem by Eliza Hewitt
A fellow composer of the Holy writ
Written to memorialize Fanny Crosby’s passing
Into Jesus' arms, everlasting

"Away to the country of sunshine and song,
Our songbird has taken her flight
And she who has sung in the darkness so long
Now sings in the beautiful light."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home