Monday, January 01, 2007

PAID PROGRAMMING

PAID PROGRAMMING

Roger A. Davis

I have a satellite dish for viewing TV
And I pay a hefty monthly fee
I like C.S.I. and Monk
Also sports, especially a slam-dunk

I'm a night owl, nap during the day
3 a.m. and on, it's time to play
If the computer makes me bored
It's to the television, I'm headed toward

Grab the remote and scan for a selection
Over a 100 channels for my inspection
The majority read "Paid Programming"
This Dish Network is very damning

I'm already paying a hunk of cash
Don't need shows where advertisers
Sell products to increase their stash
For thirty minutes, they hash and hash

Info commercials are my pet peeve
Not one item bought would you believe?
Long time ago, I almost bought an electric wok
But my son stopped me with a calming talk

I guess I’d better grab a book late at night
Because those Ronco ads make me uptight
"When you order now we will send you free"
My, my, this is captivating TV

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest
Hope you’re not failing The Shopping Network Test
If UPS and FedEx are on first name basis
Stop, don't let TV ads put you through their paces

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i wanted to just say I enjoy reading your postings. Mg, gave me your address, I had asked about you. I don't know if u remember me, but I do you. Keep the stories coming. Karen O. ( from party poker)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home