Monday, January 01, 2007

GOSPEL MUSIC

GOSPEL MUSIC

Roger A. Davis

"How Great Thou Art" brings many a joyous shed tear
This scene repeated often when Gospel music I hear
Grew up on "The Old Rugged Cross" sung by the choir
And other hymns under the Methodist Church spire

For me, worshiping the Lord by song
Makes my heart long
To be in my heavenly address
And be free from sin's earthly duress

"I'll Fly Away" someday to that celestial shore
Because I've been washed in His Blood and more
"What A Friend We Have In Jesus", all our grief He bears
Especially when we vocalized them in hymns and prayers

The Christmas classics like "Silent Night"
Give our souls such Holy delight
Also a favorite, "What Child Is This?"
These lyrics make my spirit soar with bliss

I watched "Alan Jackson: Precious Memories" TV show
Again I remembered, "Jesus Loves Me This I Know"
"Amazing Grace" is not just for church people and me
Jesus lived, died, and was resurrected for all humanity

"Blessed Assurance Jesus Is Mine"
Even for the strongest of faith, it is part time
So, if your struggle with life like I do
The antidote, a heartfelt Gospel tune or two

A joyful noise is all Our Heavenly Father requires
So join with me before our time here expires
We were created to worship God, Our King
Come on, break out, sing, sing, sing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home