Friday, December 01, 2006

THE TWO LITTLE PIGS

THE TWO LITTLE PIGS

Roger A. Davis

Once upon a time, there were two little pigs
There were supposed to be three
But there was only Connie, Joy and the Wolf, me

I was six years old, the middle one
And we were playing and having so much fun
You know, with chairs and sheets

Their house was bedclothes not hay
But in pretend, I yelled and did say
"Come on out you two little turds or I will blow you away"

And what happened next I remember to this very day
I was sailing through the air, swoosh!
Next thing I knew, Dad was threatening to spank my tush

He asked where I had heard such a word
Scared and worried of my answer, I said, "school"
He said, "No using words like that; it's a household rule"

I was let go with just a rebuke for my word selection slip
And when I resumed my Big Bad Wolf role
I definitely kept to the "Pigs" not turds script

So when I huff and puff and threaten now days
I remember our interrupted imaginary storybook play
And try not to cuss a blue haze

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home