Friday, December 01, 2006

NEW YEAR RESOLUTION

NEW YEAR RESOLUTION

Roger A. Davis

Happy New Year for upcoming 2007
I'm making one resolution, not 10 or 11
Because my past record of success
Is dismal, at best, I must confess

This year, no diet pledge plan
Or promised smoking ban
No exercise increase
Though I'm a candidate for "Rest In Peace"

This one resolution I choose
To read the Hardtner Community News
Everything to the last detail
This is my goal to do without fail

So please join me in this endeavor
The advertisers will think it clever
Repeat after me, please
"I will read with all sincerity this publication
And pay my subscription fees without hesitation"

Now don't let me down
This paper is great for area and town
But, if time is short, at least read my prose
Because I'm a glory hog, I suppose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home