Monday, June 01, 2009

LAND OF AHS

LAND OF AHS

Roger A. Davis

My four adopted Japanese-American sisters flew into Wichita
First leg of seeing many an ‘Ah’
On to Hutchinson to stay with Eve
Up real early to go gambling, would you believe?

We met in McPherson at Perkins for my seatmate
Then it was on to Prairie Band to check out our fate
Chez rode with me and she is a blast
Regaling me with stories of her past

I pointed out ahs like Fort Riley and the Flint Hills
Told later, my swerving gave the family following us the chillsAfter rest stops toward our destination
We reached Prairie Band of the Potawatomi Nation

Checked in luggage, then to the slots we went
This began the pocketbook money dent
Eve ended up the only winner of bucks
The rest of saying, 'Aw shucks!'

Enjoyed a buffet dinner with Amanda and my son
The girls gave gifts to all; this was very fun
One of mine was an ivory tiger to wear
The sisters really know how to share

Next day, after a short slot session
We started our Eden Prairie School procession
Gas stop in Abilene had a gift store
Those California girls got Oz gifts galore

Lindsborg, Marquette, and then my abode
Again, fantastic stories Chez told
Eve really enjoyed the place
Being a one room schoolmarm face

Marge did her PC tricks on my files
And we parted there with hugs and smiles
We met that night at Aunt Donna's with my relation
Girls giving presents, plus a great meal sensation

Much give and take at the table
But I got more than my share
Don't you feel my concern, my being a disable?
Mom said it’s just subtle love and care

I left early - just tired, not mad
My emotions: enjoyed the journey and a little sad
The girls got a tour of Donna's place
It included a doll with Shirley Temple's face

Next day, Eve had family come and go
Wish I could have been a mouse to see that comical flow
Friday, a salt mine descent
Then back to L.A. they went

Marge called me when they got to LAX
So I could sleep and not be vexed
In this Land of Ahs, this was my favorite trip
The fellowship really righted my broadsided ship

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home