Friday, May 01, 2009

PIPER'S FINE FOODS

PIPER'S FINE FOODS

Roger A. Davis

Charles and Flora begin this grocery rhyme
Three sons followed in time
Steve is now the boss, I think
But if I said that to Mary, I bet she would wink

Their two children have worked in the store
Plus a staff over the years of many more
Gayla is my favorite employee
I’m old friends with her and husband, Denny

Piper’s is a Marquette main stay
They also operate The Valley Cafe
If these businesses weren’t there
Our town would be in an economic nightmare

Steve is known for his delicacy treats
Which include sausage and fine cuts of meats
They supply Swedish food items, too
And they’ll also do special ordering for you

Store-made soup and pizza at a good price
No extra cost for multi-toppings; isn’t that nice
Wednesday boxed fried chicken in the afternoon
But, if you didn’t reserve, you’d better get there soon

For a small store, they have most everything
I call in my order and to the car they bring
Words cannot express my gratitude to Steve and the staff
Especially Gayla, with her smile and laugh

Closing this with an overdue apology
For the years of being an out-of-town spender of our money
Yet, you were gracious when I started to buy
You’ve gone the extra mile; it’s truly made me cry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home