Friday, May 01, 2009

MUTUAL ADMIRATION SOCIETY

MUTUAL ADMIRATION SOCIETY

Roger A. Davis

This is not one of those secret clubs
The world goes around us; we’re the hubs
The focal point is the center of activity
This is true for my friend Chez and me

Trying to think of a name for our organization
Like minds may join across the nation
Egos that are mutually pampered and praised
Esteems that are already exceedingly raised

We have nemeses out there, it is said
Fighting us from getting a big head
In my circle of culprits are my editor and my brother
But not my loving mother

Name I suggested: COOTS WHO TOOT
With negative connotations, this one was rejected
TOOT OUR OWN HORNS
This one may be selected

Patting each other on the back
Abundance of this, never in lack
It is just enjoying each other’s company
To tell stories and bragging constantly

For some of us, it goes against our upbring
In families, there is usually one guilty sibling
But if there are two
Do not be at odds; join us, too

MENSA is a society of the high IQ
Our club wouldn’t be right for you
We are not about being smart and bright
It is reciprocal relations, so don’t get uptight

Another society name I suggest
PEOPLE WHO TELL EACH OTHER THEY ARE THE BEST
A long name, I know, but what the heck
Because we are not missing any cards from our deck

This is a poem of sarcasm, teasing and humor
Yet, my acquaintances would say it is more truth than rumor
I’m a ham on the stage of life
Pretty well a loose cannon since the loss of my wife

Join our society and suggest a name

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home