Friday, May 01, 2009

WIDOWER'S HOUSEWORK

WIDOWER'S HOUSEWORK

Roger A. Davis

If you hardly ever have a guest
You can just let dust and debris rest
There is no chance to pass the White Glove Test

Paper plates and plastic cups are used every day
Cleaning them is just to toss away
Fast food, napkins, spoons and forks, a cost-saving way

If silverware is used to eat
I usually wait to wash until it’s a paramount feat
Leaving me with dishwasher hands and physically beat

I have two vacuum cleaners that remain still
Picking up with my reacher is what ends up at the landfill
Occasionally, a broom and dustpan fill the bill

I wash my clothes and body the most
Not wanting to offend those who are my host
But if I’m homebound, I can’t boast

I've saved cooking for the last chore
Preparing food for one, I bet most eat more
Or for some, the opposite; dining alone can be a bore

So we eat watching TV
Pounds gained becomes easy
No exercise because we get sleepy
Isn’t it alarming how bad habits form deeply?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home