Friday, January 02, 2009

LEFTOVER LOVE

LEFTOVER LOVE

Roger A. Davis

It may start with a familiar song
That brings back memories so strong
I cannot discern the tears
Some sadness and thankfulness for those years
Yet, regrets are in the mixture
These leftovers are an ongoing fixture

Leftover love without Peggy as my sounding board
In part, causes some discord
Yet, I direct it to the heavens above
In exchange for His first-hand love
Yes, I still sob and sigh
But I no longer want to die

Every day is a fresh start
I enjoy taking part
By word and voice, sharing my heart
And absorbing others’ biographies
“God, help me be better at this, please”
To serve with love, putting others at ease

Neil Diamond’s "Hello Again" is to blame
It reheated my love’s flame
And the tears came
Knowing I will get to speak the same
"Hello, again, my best friend
I love you with a love that will never end"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home