Friday, January 02, 2009

MY FAVORITE TEACHER

MY FAVORITE TEACHER

Roger A. Davis

She lives on the Western Plains
Educating those children’s brains
She grew up on her parents’ farm
And became a pretty schoolmarm

She is a humble person, not fancy
Her first name is Nancy
Also my nephew Jared’s wife
In their courtship and marriage, nary a strife

Nancy teaches the 4th grade this year
I wonder if all the girls think she is a dear
Though she is small, I’ll bet she can exact some fear
But also be on your side for a shed tear

Two of my family members are called 'Professor'
And they should know my love for them is no lesser
Yet, Nancy is my favorite teacher on the Martin tree
Because she is a uniting disciple of The Almighty

She teaches by example in her manner each day
Exerting control in a positive way
She is fun to be around and enters in
Being her student and/or friend is a win-win

Nancy, this is your Christmas gift rhyme
Written for you at this holiday time
May your and Jared’s love grow in His grace
Knowing in 2009, you will be reflecting His face

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home