Friday, January 02, 2009

RURAL RUCKUS

RURAL RUCKUS

Roger A. Davis

Country living can be tough
Snow and ice storms are rough
Power went off, 6 inches of snow
No blizzard, it didn’t blow

Dallas, my Good Samaritan neighbor
4 wheeler with blade and did the labor
Cleaned the sidewalks and driveway
He never takes any pay

Nephew Adam brought me food and my mail
He’s always got my back without fail
If the power is off into the night
To a motel, I have to take flight

Reason: I use a bi-pap machine for sleep
Put it in 4 wheel drive when the snow is deep
Heat in the school is now propane
So if it is daytime, I can remain

Freezing of the rural waterline happened one time
And fixing that cost many a dime
But it took place outside under the school
To repair, a backhoe was the needed tool

Septic tank problems can also occur
And if it happens in winter, Brrrr!
Don’t dump into the sink cold grease
Your chances of troubles will increase

Yet taking each event and its possibility
I still prefer living in Eden Prairie country
They say ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you strong’
I believe in this saying, they didn’t get it wrong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home