Saturday, September 01, 2007

WHERE OH WHERE HAS MY ... GONE?

WHERE OH WHERE HAS MY ... GONE?

Roger A. Davis

Have you ever walked into a room and wondered why?
You tap your head and sigh and sigh
Or can't for the life of you remember a name
Going through the alphabet, for a solution
What's with this, memory pollution?

I try to use notes, like a grocery list
Get in the car and forgot it, too, I'm pissed
Go back in the house to acquire
Back now in the vehicle, no keys, PLEASE!
It's like I'm being cruelly teased

The worst case scenario is meeting an old friend
They greet you with a handshake and a grin
Of course, they speak your John Hancock
You’re at a loss for theirs, tongue lock
You have committed the "Pardon Me" sin

"Where was I?" is my most common phrase
Followed by, "Where did I put ... ?"
Yet, I still have my good days
I still pretty much know my right from left foot
I'll quit whining and accept, life is now a maze

If you’re saying amen to this rhyme
You too are probably past your prime
The good thing is, we can enjoy reruns
We also are not bothered by old jokes
They seem to be new for us old folks

I was going to close this poem with a great line
Been trying to remember it for a long time
Guess I'll sleep on it and in my dreams
Just maybe there on my pillow I will find
Hey, what am I looking for? It's slipped my mind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home