Friday, March 02, 2007

ZEN DISCIPLINE

ZEN DISCIPLINE

Roger A. Davis

"Boundless Love, unending Joy
This is my life, it's what I know
Can't believe He selected me
Jesus, my Lord, it's You I owe"

These lines are from Dennis Lowen's hymn
This awareness fills my life above the brim
Awakening me to a new mind
My life is not my own, it's Thine

Koan poem, a teacher's test
Our Master's plan hidden in jest?
The punch line comes, and an awesome, "I get it"
Zen, "just sit", for others it might take a bit

Encore for Devine insight and the calms
Irony, healing in the Lord's bleeding palms
Wisdom brings harmony to scattered thoughts
We need discipline, us unruly tots

To make a Zen garden of our life
We need an arranger of the boulders on our path
Bringing oneness, result, less strife
Oneness, serving others; do the math

"Boundless Love, unending Joy"
Is my mantra to focus above
I'm a disciple of Grace and Love
A person of bliss, buddha sage boy

So if your karma seems to have gone aground
Like a shipwreck and you’re feeling down
Remember Our Father sits contemplating you
Because, through it all, He will be with you, too

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roger, I knew Dennis Lowen in 1978! Do you have the rest of the words to his song, Boundless Love?

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home