Thursday, February 01, 2007

CUPID EXPRESS

CUPID EXPRESS

Roger A. Davis

Valentine boxes in grade school
We made them in art class
Red construction paper hearts tooled
Did you have a special lad or lass?

First crush was called puppy love
Cupid's arrow gave us the necessary shove
“Will you be my Valentine?"
Praying she would answer in kind

As teenagers, we upped the gifts, I.D. bracelet
Or class ring, or our letter jacket that didn't fit
Her present was an album or a 45
With "Our Song", hoping to keep the romance alive

Chocolates and roses are often used to express
A man's love for his cherished princess
A thoughtful card is included, too
Some use this day to ask for the future "I DO"

Going to mention February 14th in this rhyme
So, gentlemen, you won't by all means forget this time
I recommend no pots or pans for saying "I Love You"
Because, if I remember right, this causes a stew

Hugs and kisses don't expire
So, Cupid, ignite our passion with fire
Rekindle it with a roaring blaze
That will last for days and days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home