Thursday, February 01, 2007

WRITER'S CRAMP

WRITER’S CRAMP

Roger A. Davis

Seems I don't lack for poetic subjects to write
Some have said I have unusual insight
"If he doesn't know the facts, he just fabricates"
Well, this comment is up for debate

Writer’s cramps and/or blocks are painful
Aspirin, the condition it does not dull
There is no E.R. room for needed help
Zilch, for trying herbology, like eating kelp

Robert Frost said, "A poet is a condition,
Not a profession"
I’ve got to agree to this, it is my concession
Yet, money sent "IS OKAY", is my position

This "condition" we have is kind of an itch
Gray matter mixed with subject matter
Then the brain takes the smatter
Relief comes, when words find their niche

So I'm here at my scratching post
Doing my thing as your blog site host
Please, if you have a prose suggestion
Make a comment and relieve my writer's congestion

If you don't give me ideas for the next addition
It will be family memories, is my suspicion
Another religiosity treaty?
Or, how about a country song? "Calico, My Sweetie"

Well my cramp seems to have relaxed
Now off goes this poem to Marge by email fax
So she can edit once more
A poetic gourmet meal for you, the starving poor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home