Friday, March 02, 2007

SISU SITUATION

SISU SITUATION

Roger A. Davis

Have you ever held on with a death grip?
Humanity crying, "Let go, let slip"
But deep down you seemed unable to
Well, that's Sisu

A Finnish word meaning "to have guts"
Or more vulgar, cojones or nuts
British form, cheekiness
Or, how about back door brazenness?

I have been called worse names than these
Hey, no problem, it would make me pleased
I'm stubborn as a mule, a patient God's tool
Yet, I pale next to the Dame of Eden Prairie School

She has, by amazing grace, gripped my hand
And kept me until I escaped from Hell's Land
We walk with Devine moxie love
Now and forever to our loving fate Above

Hope you, too, can have good chutzpah
To face the world of the tarnished Golden Law
R. Kipling's "...If you can meet with triumph
and disaster / And treat those two impostors
just the same...," you, my friend, are on the
Life's Sisu Situation Roster

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home