Wednesday, November 01, 2006

ANTHOLOGY OF RAD

ANTHOLOGY OF RAD

Roger A. Davis

Do you have a collection of my prose?
If not, this is what I propose
Send me 19.95, and if you order now
I would have a cow

For if you are reading these pieces
You might be interested in my doctorial thesis
Send me 55000, and if you order soon
We’ll give you a brochure of our trips to the moon

I'm Doc Raddad, specialty undoing sad
If you have perused these fine lines
You may have given up a chuckle
Or laughed so hard your knees buckled

My joy is hitting reflex on your sense of humor
Imagining your mirth and the shaking of your girth
Because I'm my biggest fan, can't get enough
Immodestly I say, "Of RAD's funny stuff"

I'm enshrined in two Halls of Fame
One involves fake money and poker
The other a Super Hero Joker
If you would like the book, send your name

Over and over I'm told, "You need an anthology"
But it would have to include an ending apology
For if I have any talent, it's a gift not of myself
I'm just thankful I wasn't forgotten on the top shelf

Here again you are at Eden Prairie School
Reading prose from the A-team, no fool
So send us 20.06
We have 32 degrees from which to pick
This ... is ... so... cool ... !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home