Wednesday, November 01, 2006

THANKSGIVING

THANKSGIVING

Roger A. Davis

I am thankful for God, who created the earth
And ancestral Adam, who was made from its turf

I am thankful for the Pilgrims, who settled our shores
And the American Natives, who shared their stores

I am thankful for our patriots of each generation
And their often life-giving participation

I am thankful for this family holiday
And being able in this country to pray

I am thankful for my, my wife’s and son's health
And our financial and spiritual wealth

I am thankful for Mom, Dad and siblings
And our feast with all the trimmings

I am thankful for all my family and friend's caring
And this opportunity to say, "Thanks for your sharing"

So when you sit down to your turkey and dressing
Don't forget the Blessing

For this is what we were created to do
Give and be a blessing, too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home