Monday, September 04, 2006

COLONEL MUSTARD'S GAME CUPBOARD

COLONEL MUSTARD'S GAME CUPBOARD

Roger A. Davis

RISK, world domination
Good memory wins CONCENTRATION
And hand-eye coordination, OPERATION
TWISTER, people participation

My life has been in TRIVIAL PURSUIT
Of trying to win LIFE and MONOPOLY loot
Also got side tracked by a red ball and JACKS
And opened a lot of BICYCLE card packs

I love to say an insincere, "SORRY"
Or, in SCRABBLE, using triple score with a Z
Giving the queen of spades or taking all 26
Or gaining the black one in PICK-UP STICKS

There were a few games that I wasn't the best
CHESS, CANDYLAND and SOLARQUEST
My toughest opponent, SOLITAIRE
As a teenager did you play TRUTH OR DARE?

The truth, I've eaten much humble pie
From HI HO! CHERRY-O to UNO,
AUTHORS, CHINESE CHECKERS and GO
And most, flips of a coin, if there was a tie

PERUDO and YAHTZEE, throw dice with cups
Dang timer in PICTIONARY that interrupts
FICTIONARY, a definition word contest
MUSICAL CHAIRS, social unrest

It used to be you needed two, three or four
But with online games, you don’t even keep score
Can't fudge points or change a rule
And they can't see my victory dance that's so cool

Some games taught us reading and arithmetic
Geography, the game, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
Yet, what I learned most all
It is really super when thousands of DOMINOS fall

Seriously, spending time with friends and family
Bonding and bantering over a game, like TRIPOLEY
Knowing competition and winning is secondary
LOL, if you really know me, you will be wary !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home