Friday, September 01, 2006

CORNUCOPIA OF CORNY

CORNUCOPIA OF CORNY

Roger A. Davis

Do you find my poems mawkish?
It could be I'm too Jayhawkish
Do you cry over Hallmark commercials
Or American troop dispersals?

Most of them are my remembrances
I'm not so good with current events
AC/DC, 220,223
Family occurrences is my specialty

I've read the tale, Jonah in the belly of a whale
No digestion, just Divine indigestion
Many hold God in question
Sunrise, sunset, The Lord's daily suggestion

Went to college, got my sociology degree
Paid for books and, each semester, a tuition fee
My education left me well rounded
Yet, life still leaves me a little confounded

Sometimes it seems dysfunctional is supreme
And peace and happiness, a dream
Dumb and Dumber, co-captains of our team
Do you think it's all right to scream?

But I know in the end, we will be redeemed
See, I usually guess the end of a story
Because history is His Story
It's part of being changed from Glory to Glory

Do not be afraid of being corny
Yes, life can be thorny
Exercise prayer and a good sense of humor
This will keep you from a doomsday tumor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home