Sunday, February 01, 2009

BAD BREATH

BAD BREATH

Roger A. Davis

The drive-up bank teller, she made a comment
‘Have you ever tried Pepsodent?’
I cupped my hand, smelled and said
‘I must’ve eaten something dead’

I have a friend who snacks on onions raw
And follows with cold coffee through a straw
A remedy for odor, don’t know if this is the case
I avoid encounters face-to-face

Some people in public smell their armpits
On seeing this, I have laughing fits
They may be confused of aroma whereabouts
Mouth, pits, etc., they must have doubts

Floss, brush and toothpick
After meals, this does the trick
If everyone followed this advice
Most of us would have to do it thrice

There are some who do not practice dental hygiene
And if you’re a social animal, this is mean
To add to the human race such offense
Wonder if anyone has sued for recompense?

Well, I wrote another poem that’s down to earth
Hope you got some enjoyment and mirth
I do my banking by Internet now
To avoid the bank teller’s scowl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home