Tuesday, July 01, 2008

SLEEP MORE AND LOSE THE SNORE

SLEEP MORE AND LOSE THE SNORE

Roger A. Davis

Do you have trouble sleeping?
I feel sorry for those who go to bed weeping
Insomnia can be a tough row to hoe
Some take pills to aid, I know

Personally, sleep apnea is my situation
A BiPap machine used throughout resting duration
Not wearing this when I slumber
I would be six feet under, surrounded by lumber

Nightmares and dreams can be a mess
The scary ones cause much duress
I still dream about work related dilemmas
They seem so real; I wonder why because

I’ve been retired for eight years
But upon waking, it’s so nice to lose those fears
Sometimes we question their meaning
And, yes, we have some that are redeeming

There are night owls and early to bed and rise
A snoring spouse, the other tries
Elbow in the ribs or Breathe Rights
I used to cause my family many sleepless nights

My breathing machine took care of the roaring
To this very day, I do no snoring
A sleep study may be a needed task
It could save your life to wear the mask

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home