Tuesday, July 01, 2008

FORENSIC PEEPING TOM

FORENSIC PEEPING TOM

Roger A. Davis

FORENSIC FILES: the original aired on TV
Documentary: true crime reality
For this viewer, nothing but fiction
ME: "Head in the sand" to actual affliction

So, late at night, I peep at my TV screen
At a medical examiner involved in a crime scene
From CSI Vegas, NYC, or Miami
Absorbed in trace elements or DNA to be the solving key

Calleigh, the ballistic expert, is my queen
I gave her up for my favorite poker machine
There are also Ziva, Abby and Jordan Cavanaugh
They seem so nonchalant handling corpses bloody and raw

I wonder how many times Horatio dons his sunglasses
And those Hummers do some amazing passes
'The Man From U.N.C.LE' – Ducky was the hit of that show
Now, McCallum's morgue is where the bodies are in stow

Lately all these autopsies are bringing me down
Like I'm experiencing blunt force trauma to my crown
As you can see by this scrabbled rhyme
I've decide to go on a permanent sabbatical from CSI crime

Eden Prairie School will no longer view the dead
Or watch them dig out the bullet lead
It is my hope to forget all that gore
By closing this life's chapter forever more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home