Friday, November 02, 2007

THANKSGIVING FEAST

THANKSGIVING FEAST

Roger A. Davis

I'm usually asked to give thanks
Which I include Jesus, who tops the ranks
Family, fellowship and food mentioned, too
Concluded with gratitude for blessings not few

Turkey is carved, white meat thick
But the drumstick is my pick
Giblet gravy and cornbread stuffing
‘Please pass’ is my impatient huffing

Mom’s pumpkin pie with whip cream
Oh so good, it’s no nighttime dream
Bread & Butter Pickles and crescent rolls
This day, all our diets take their tolls

Football, card games and catching up
To get your two cents in, just interrupt
That’s our family way, you see
No one minds, there’s so much glee

Enjoying family while sitting in an easy chair
Truly thankful, I have a praiseful stare
Again, I don’t thank my lucky stars
But the man with the nail palm scars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home