Friday, November 02, 2007

PICTURE ON THE WALL

PICTURE ON THE WALL

Roger A. Davis

Picture, a thousand words or more
Can even be placed on ceiling or floor
Family photos are a very common theme
Youth put up their favorite sports team

Whether it be prints, oils, paints or penned
They can be priceless like an old friend
On my walls, I have some of all, you see
Rendered especially for Peggy and me

Two in our front room, created by my son
Indian Warrior by Christopher, it was amazingly done
A Cheyenne Village, Connie did with fabric and paint
We are so proud of her, she is my sister artist saint

We have seascapes and mountain scenes, too
Yet, when Peggy died, I auctioned off a few
Those which remain, I must say
Mean more than words and I’ll keep ‘til my dying day

I encourage you to go to galleries and such
I have literally cried by the artist’s touch
Art appreciation is a God given gift to us all
His creation is His display wall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home