Friday, November 02, 2007

ROTATE ON INTERSTATE

ROTATE ON INTERSTATE

Roger A. Davis

Set it on 72, my cruise control
No worries with the Highway Patrol
Yet, cars go around me like I’m sitting still
Often, flashing lights are their bitter pill

Belts of concrete crisscross this nation
Making it convenient to drive to our destination
Whether it be relation, vacation of relocation
Interstates are in a continual flux of fabrication

Here in my state they are I-70 and I-135
West-east, latter north-south to drive
Salina, crossroad of the two
Turn right, just a few miles to Rolling Hills Zoo

Vacationing, we used to play Tag Poker for cash
It was a way to reduce the boredom and my stash
Then states started using three letters
This put the game in fetters

We played 'I Spy,’ items viewed from the car
Also 'ABC', advantage here, my ability to see so far
There was the radio and now CDs
It can get old looking at the same trees

Rest areas, 25-50 miles apart
Should I stop? It was only a small fart
Exits give access to towns and other roads
But, watch out for entering semi loads

I travel interstates near a 1000 miles a week
Even though gas prices over 3 dollars peaked
This fuel tax I’m glad to pay
Avoiding stop signs and going slower, like the old way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home