Monday, October 01, 2007

LONELINESS

LONELINESS

Roger A. Davis

Just a buzzing in your ears
Wishing you were with your peers
TV distracts for an hour or two
The rest of the day is a social curfew

Get in the car and take a spin
But it’s back home soon again
People have pets for pals
I had to give up my Molly gal

Phone calls from friends are rare
I know they are busy and still care
I should join a club
Yet, I avoid because of being a fat tub

Yes, this is a down-in-the-dumps day
There are more of these than I’d like to say
My health situation is at an all time low
To heaven, Jesus and Peggy I’m ready to go

Trapped in a loneliness cage
Used to be so free from depression
Now reaping sin’s wage
Yet good news, I’m still God’s possession

Maybe tomorrow will be a good one
Free from some of this pain
And spiritual energy drain
My prayer, God’s Will Be Done

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home