Sunday, April 01, 2007

THIMBLERIGGER IS NIGH

J.C. Hudspith

My tale is now nearing its happy end
At its beginning - I had only one friend
Ande; my spine, Wifey divine
She pushes the buttons that wake the old swine

Johnny! -she said; one morning with glee
I have a new mission for you and for me
What is it? I asked, never one for shying
Write a novel, she said - and no I’m not lying

You’ve been given the gift, the well so deep
Why if you were a fox - you wouldn’t worry the sheep
Before they all knew it the sheep would be dead
You’re clever, you’re smart, you use that old head

You’ve been given the gift of in-depth thinking
Why if you’d been around there’d be no Titanic sinking
You’ve also the sense of the all Seeing Eye
You don’t look to the earth - you reach for the sky

So there I was, - grinned up and eyes glaze
Duly adorned in her finery praise
With long breath I started and courage was plucked
I read all the books until I was f***ed

Back breaking weary and eyes like holes
I opened Pan’s box and lo and behold
Wifey was right - you’re never too old

This was my chance - to shine and get bigger
Sat in the box - was the Thimblerigger
He looked me up - he made a frown
Shit! - He declared, Johnny’s in town!

So I grabbed with both hands - the horn of the beast
Drained his sick mind and drank up his yeast
I found his weak heel
The poor link in his armour
And scribbled the words of this terrible charmer

It’s thick, long and meaty this volume of mine
It reaches deep heart, its vein so divine
It tells of the balance - the Yang and the Ying
Please buy a copy and make Johnny King

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home