Sunday, April 01, 2007

MAN DOWN

John Chuz Hudspith

He strained his back – or so he implies
I have to believe coz he never tells lies

Though strained by what
Remains to be seen
Drunk and disorder not really his scene

I’ll wager a fling – if I know the word king
Don’t come a knocking
If Roger’s – room’s rocking

Or maybe a slip-back
An almighty glut
Too much ole shorty
Straining his gut

Whatever the case
I hope he’s okay
There’s no mail today
I miss that jolly communiqué

So rally the troops
For this is no ruse
Pick up the oars
Send out all canoes

Receive these best wishes
From over the pond
Take them with heart
My magical wand

And banish the pain
To where it belongs
In movies, books, and lamenting songs

Spring back to the keyboard
With sprain at the reign
And fill with your prose
My email again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home