Sunday, April 01, 2007

FAMILY

John Hudspith

The birth and the dough
Its kneads must you know
It comes from the pool
And often with fool

I take from the folks
All that they give
Pass on and grow
As long as I live

So my brood's in the mood
To carry that on
And a good mood is sured
As sured I am

To give to the future
For love of the past
Each effort is great
My family - a blast

But all is not lost
No effort in vain
Despite every tear
Unwarranted pain

Because they carry on
When I’m dead and gone
My hands mixed to the unruly pool
Hopefully less of the crazy fool

And so it should be
For all who will listen
To make family shine
To make them all glisten

Your best must be given
With effort no boundary
Work hard with the gift
And hard at the foundry

Then you too can see
What family means
A good hearty laugh
And a shared tin of beans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home