Sunday, March 01, 2009

SCREEN DOORS

SCREEN DOORS

Roger A. Davis

Your PC monitor is one
By Internet, it takes you everywhere under the sun
Your laptop even has hinges that open the screen
I wish I had one, they are sure keen

I have one on my back door
With a sliding glass pane that comes up from the floor
Good for a fall and spring breeze
Closed in winter, not wanting to freeze

Cool summer nights instead of using your A/Cs
A box fan will bring the temp down sufficient degrees
Plus it will air out the house with sweet summer scents
And save you some dollars and cents

There can be some drawbacks
Like skunk and cat attacks
You might be startled from your sleep
And if a skunk sprays, you will leap

My cat comes and meows ‘Hi’
I say, ‘I'm sleeping, good night and good bye’
Most times, it is her way of ringing the dinner bell
She doesn’t understand ‘Wait a spell’

Growing up, most screen doors had steel springs
And to lock them, they had hooks and eye rings
I liked running in and out, letting them bang
But often heard criticism with the word 'Dang!’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home