Sunday, March 01, 2009

FUNNY BONE

FUNNY BONE

Roger A. Davis.

Hitting the elbow, not that one
Isn’t any fun
We’re talking humorous
Not the bone, humerus

A lot of negatives in those four lines
We want laughs, not whines
Our goal here is chuckles
Not brass knuckles

No bone to pick with ‘Knock Knock’ jokes
Unless it’s a progression of blonde jokes
And retire the ‘Why the chicken crossed the road?’
Unlike vintage wine, they’re stale and old

Most Super Bowl commercials go for jest
This year, I thought Doritos were the best
The glass ball opening the vending machine
Then the boss getting it in the gonads, that was mean

Laughing at your own jokes, some say, is wrong
I’m guilty; chuckling in chat rooms saying I wear a pink thong
Yet, most are aware that I love to kid
And know that I never did

I bet, like me, you get funny emails every day
Receiving one-liners and more to make your tummy sway
Yes, some should be censored and rated ‘X’
I confess I don’t open the pics, but I do the text

I thank The Lord every day for his creations
And humor is in the Top Ten of His donations
So I love giving to others a poem or a story
I sure hope He is laughing and gets the glory

I thought about including my email address
To solicit jokes, but rejected that; hee hee, I confess
Why did the chicken cross the road?
It was an expressway and she wanted to prove to the other cluck clucks that she was bold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home